- Smart Interconnect-Interconnects up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating), Battery Backup (2-AA batteries included)-Provides protection during power outages.Front Loading Battery Door-Replace the backup batteries without disconnecting from mounting bracket
- Humidity range:10%-95% relative humidity, non-condensing.Battery Lockout System-The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed, Alarm Tamper Resist-Helps deter from tampering and theft, Adjustable Mounting Bracket-Makes installation fast and easy. Works with existing smoke and combination smoke and CO mounting brackets.
- Peak Level Memory-Announces "CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED" if alarm has detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher since it was last reset, HushTM Feature-Silences nuisance alarms for approximately 9 minutes. (Smoke must be present before HushTM is activated)
- Ionization Sensor Technology-Ideal for detecting fast flaming and other types of fires, est Button Functions:- Tests the unit for proper operation - Peak Level memory - Resets the Carbon Monoxide alarm
- Green LED-Illuminates to indicate the unit is receiving AC power. Flashes once every 60 seconds to indicate battery only mode. Flashes once per second during alarm to indicate initiating alarm. Flashes once every 16 seconds to indicate smoke or CO previously detected. Flashes every 2 seconds while the alarm is in HUSHTM mode
- Red LED-When a dangerous level of smoke or carbon monoxide is detected the red LED will flash. If the unit malfunctions, the red LED will flash and the unit will chirp every 30 seconds
- Talking alarm announces the hazard type detected, helping to speed up reaction time
- Combined carbon monoxide and smoke alarm, a single unit can be installed where previously two were needed
- Battery safeguard ensures the unit cannot be accidentally mounted without batteries
- Test-reset button tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement
- Meets safety standards set by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and interconnects with other KN-COSM-IBA models
- 120V AC, All Kidde brand hard wired smoke alarms are interconnectable with the KN-COSM-IBA
- Voice Alarm -Announces the hazard type detected thereby helping to speed up the correct reaction to the hazard detected. Alarm announces "Fire!" when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces "Warning Carbon Monoxide" when a CO hazard is detected
- Combined Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm - A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and helps to keep home décor attractive.
- Audio alarm: 85 dB at 10 feet. Test/Reset Button and LEDs - Tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement. Flashing green for normal operation and flashing red for alarm condition. Humidity Range: 10 percent to 95 percent relative humidity non-condensing
- Battery - Provides protection even during power outages when many fire and carbon monoxide incidents occur. The unit warns of a low battery condition by announcing "low battery" and by initiating an alarm chirp and activating a flashing red LED. The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed. Note : The date printed on the item is manufacturing date,not the expiration date. Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manual.
- Voice Announcements - Hush Feature temporarily silences nuisance alarms with "HUSH MODE ACTIVATED" and "HUSH MODE CANCELLED" voice announcement. If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher, the unit will announce "CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED" to warn of the CO incident, when the Test/ Reset button is pressed.Temperature Range:40˚F (4.4˚C) to 100˚F (37.8˚C).Voltage (volts):4.5
- Provides Protection from Two Hazards - Fire and CO in one unit with 10-year sealed lithium battery backup.
- Sealed-In Lithium Battery Backup - No battery replacement required over the 10 year life of the alarm. Eliminates worry about removal or unauthorized deactivation of alarm.
- Voice Warning System - Verbally announces "FIRE!" or "WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE" to help distinguish between threats. Audio Alarm: 85 dB at 10 feet
- Ionization Sensing Technology - Ideal for detecting fast flaming and other types of fires. Temperature Range : 40 degree F (4.4 degree C) to 100 degree F (37.8 degree C)
- Hush Feature - Temporarily silences nuisance alarms for approximately 9 minutes and will not allow hush mode unless the unit is in alarm mode.Interconnects - Up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating).Flashes once every 60 seconds to indicate battery only mode
- Protects you and your family from two deadly threats: carbon monoxide and explosive gas.
- Sounder Alarm - The KN-COEG-3 offers a loud 85-decibel pulsing alarm that will sound to alert you to a potential problem.
- Digital Display - Displays the level of carbon monoxide the unit is sensing.
- Peak Level Memory - Recalls the highest CO concentration detected
- Test/Reset Button - Tests unit's electronic circuitry operation and allows you to immediately silence the alarm
- Two alarms in one detects carbon monoxide and explosive gas
- Three convenient mounting options
- Digital display and peak level button displays the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset
- Battery backup 9 volt battery included
- Kidde's carbon monoxide alarms meet the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL), an independent facility that tests products for compliance with widely-accepted safety standards
- Peak Level Button - Displays the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset or unplugged
- Test Button Functions - Tests the unit for proper operation and resets the Carbon Monoxide alarm
- LED Operation - Blinking dot in lower right corner of display denotes normal operation
- Ten years after the initial power up, this alarm will "beep" two times every 30 seconds to indicate that it is time to replace the alarm.
- NOTE: This CO alarm is not battery operated. However, these alarms are equipped with 9 volt battery backup - the 9 volt battery is to supply short term back-up during a power outage.
- Power Source: 120VAC
- Digital Display - Displays the level of carbon monoxide the unit is sensing. Shows CO level in PPM (parts per million). Updates digital reading every 15 seconds allowing you to see if levels change. Peak Level Memory displays the highest CO concentration measured since the last reset
- Battery Operated - Provides best protection during power outages. Battery Safeguard makes it difficult to close the cover without batteries in the unit. Low Battery Signal alerts user when the batteries need to be replaced. Slide-Out Battery Door Cover gives immediate access to batteries
- Test/Reset Button - Tests unit's electronic circuitry & horn and resets the unit during alarm. Tests CO alarm circuit operation and allows you to immediately silence the alarm
- LED's - Green LED for normal operation, Red LED for alarm. Temperature range 40˚F (4.4˚C) to 100˚F (37.8˚C)
- Provides peace of mind against the silent killer and a digital display
- Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm - Smoke and CO sensing technologies work together to detect real fires faster and reduce nuisance alarms.
- Voice Alarm - Announces the hazard type detected thereby helping to speed up the correct reaction. Alarm announces "Fire!" when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces "Warning Carbon Monoxide" when a CO hazard is detected.
- Sealed-In Lithium Battery - Sealed-in lithium power supply; no battery replacement required over the 10 year life of the alarm. Eliminates worry about battery removal or unauthorized deactivation of alarm.
- Photoelectric Sensor - Smoke alarm contains advanced photoelectric sensor that may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
- Self Activation - Alarm automatically activates when attached to the mounting bracket.
The following products are available from 'Kidde':
Kidde Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm with Voice Warning | Hardwired w/Battery Backup | Interconnectable | Model # KN-COSM-IBA
Kidde 21026043 Battery-Operated(Not Hardwired) Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Voice Warning KN-COSM-BA
Kidde Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm with Voice Warning | Hardwired w/10 Year Lithium Battery Backup | Interconnectable | Model # i12010SCO
Kidde AC Plug-in Carbon Monoxide and Explosive Gas Detector Alarm | Nighthawk Sensor Technology | Model # KN-COEG-3